An overheated engine or a flat tire situation is the last thing you want to experience on a road trip. Therefore, it is crucial to get the following maintenance and checkups out of the way before you head out for an exciting journey.
- Get your engine oil and brake fluid replaced.
- Check the pressure and alignment of your tires.
- Test your headlights, reverse lights, brake lights, hazard lights, and blinkers.
- If it is summertime, then get your AC tuned.
- Do not forget to carry necessary equipment such as a car jack, tire wrench, and tire pressure gauge.
- Install a new engine air filter.